July 22, 2014

well hello there

Welcome!

This is my second attempt at a blog... once upon a time in college I took a graphic design course. We had to make a blog and we were required to post a certain number of times throughout the semester... then I "revived" the blog approximately once a year for two or three years. I think there is something like 12 posts in the history of that blog. And approximately zero readers... I never felt like it really had an identity. First it was a blog focused on the graphic design projects I was doing. Then I switched the focus to interior design (since that is my profession and what my degree is in). Then I got married, so the name of the blog changed. The poor thing just couldn't catch a break.

So now, I've started fresh, and with a new direction.

Can I just tell you how much I love Pinterest? (find me here) Whenever I am browsing my feed and following links to blogs, I am always a little envious of those girls with the beautiful blogs. You know the ones I'm talking about... Somehow they have beautiful hair and skin, great fashion sense, amazing home, fluffy pet, dimples. Sound familiar? Well let me just tell you now, that's not me. I mean, I have good hair days, and bad hair days. My hair is naturally curly/wavy/kinky/frizzy. I live in Missouri, which means it is humid approximately 80% of the year. Humidity + curly hair = not so great hair days. Also, my dogs are not fluffy. I have two sweet pitbulls that I love dearly. Also, I have recently gotten two cats. I'll have to tell you that story later... anyway. And I was not the lucky girl with beautiful skin. My complexion isn't great, and I don't tan. (Although when I'm 50 maybe I won't look like a leather bag?) The point of this rambling is: I want to try to have one of those blogs some other girl is jealous of. I realize this will take work, and time, and more work. And probably more time. But, one day, maybe I will be there. I hope you will follow along on my journey...

What is this journey exactly?

My husband and I bought our first house in January of 2012. We have been homeowners for about two and a half years. As an interior designer, the thought of designing your own home is so exciting. You can do whatever you want!

Then, I quickly realized that designing your own home costs money. And it takes a lot of time. So two and a half years later, we have made a lot of progress. But we still have a lot of work left to do.

Did I mention our house is small? 1075 square feet. No basement. 

Now, for those of you who are not from the Midwest, or live in awesome lofty apartments in Chicago or New York, this might seem generous. But let me tell you, to find a house in St. Louis, Missouri that doesn't have a basement is just plain strange. When our realtor told us there was no basement, I thought he was kidding. I mean, where do I put my Christmas tree? Where I do take cover when the tornado is coming? Where do I put all of my junk??

It might sound like I'm complaining. And sometimes, I really hate that we don't have a basement (again with the Christmas tree...). But mostly, I love our house. It is small and simple. It's nothing to "write home about". But it is ours, and that is what I love most about it.

So, this journey will consist of decorating ideas, DIY tutorials, photo tours, seasonal decorations, crafty items, and anything else that might spark my interest (and yours, I hope). We have a garden in our backyard. We love our pets. And I also have an Etsy shop. So, this adventure may veer off course a time or two, but if you hang in there, I promise it will be fun!

For now, I will leave you with pictures of our sweet pups... because let's face it, everyone likes dog pics ;)  thanks for reading, and I hope you will stop by again soon.


my sweet girl, Peiezo

my handsome man, Diesel

1 comment: