January 7, 2015

2014 wrap up

Welllllll this post is only a week late.......


I want to do a quick recap of 2014!  Being my first year with the blog, I am still figuring out how and when to create content and what works well for me and for readers.  This post is a little reflection over the past few months on the blog, and what is coming up for this year.  Feel free to share your thoughts so I can make 2015 even better!

The top three posts (by views):

My three favorite posts:

I am really looking forward to having a whole year to blog.  There is half of a year of decorating and holidays I missed, plus there are so many things I haven't shared with you yet!

On a more sentimental note, it is a little bittersweet for me that 2014 is over.  It wasn't until I really thought about it (it is so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and miss a big picture view) but last year was a great year for us.  Most things were, "status quo" and I think that is what I loved about it.  2012 was the "year of change", we bought our first house, moved in together and got married.  2013 I think we were still recovering from the wedding at the beginning of the year, I opened my Etsy shop over the summer and my husband got a new job in December.  2014 was, just, nice.  I mean, don't get me wrong, things "happened" (ran my first half marathon, got two cats) but it all seemed pretty normal for the most part.  I think what is most bittersweet for me is this: my Mom was diagnosed with stage four cancer (colon that spread to her liver and lymphnodes) last spring.  It was truly a miracle that the doctors even found it and we are so thankful for that.  What is bittersweet is that last Christmas could be the last one we spend with our mom.  Her birthday last August could be the last time we get to sing to her.  The doctors gave her six months to two years, depending on how she responds to treatment.  I know, you can't put a timeline on these kinds of things... but still.  We have to live in reality while also trying to stay positive.  My sister is getting married this year (sooooo excited!!!), but needless to say we all have one thing in the back of our minds...

So 2015 will be another interesting year for us.  We will stay busy with the usual house/work/life stuff, and of course with helping my sister plan her wedding.  I am just thankful to have another year to spend with my husband and our little fur family, another year having a job I love, and another year to make my side-businesses more successful!

These are a few of the goals for the blog and posts I hope to achieve during this year:
  • get more activity on the blog's Pinterest board
  • paint the dresser in our kitchen and live to tell you about it
  • reorganize our office (this might take me the entire year).  Still debating on whether I will show you "before" photos, because you might judge me
  • post once a week, or four times a month (at least)
  • a "year of mantles" post
  • more DIY and decor posts

What was your favorite post from 2014?  What would you like to see on the blog this year?  I would love to hear your ideas :) 

I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes then you are making new things, trying new things,
learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.
You're doing things you've never done before,
and more importantly, you're doing something.
- Neil Gaiman

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment