December 21, 2014

christmas home tour

I'm getting this posted just a few days before Christmas... if you read my last post you will understand why... 


I am super-duper excited to share with you what our house looks like for Christmas!  As I'm sure you gathered in the fall, my husband and I love Halloween.  I really do love decorating for Halloween, but I also love decorating for Christmas.  The two are so very different, I think that is why I love them both!

Anyway, I've added a few new decorations this year.  Partially because I knew I was going to be sharing photos of our house, and partially because I have been really on top of Christmas this year! (sorry for bragging, this is new for me!)  I was inspired by a friend who said they had almost all of their Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving...  I decided that this year would be different than the last two years.  I would not spend 5 hours sitting on the floor Christmas Eve wrapping every gift just to unwrap it the next morning.  I would not miss out on the special Christmas events around town because I was too busy shopping (or working).  I would not miss out on watching The Grinch as many times as I could squeeze in.  I would not get wrapped up in the busyness to miss enjoying this magical time of year.

Because I have been doing things little by little, it actually left me with some windows of time as the holidays got closer.  The last two years I wanted to add to our holiday decorating, but it just didn't happen.  To be honest, I'm pretty sure my husband and I put up half of our lights in the snow and freezing cold last year, just a couple of weeks before Christmas.  So this year my lack of procrastination paid off - I was able to add a few new things to our Christmas decor!  The garland and accessories on the bookcases are new this year.

Anyway - here it is!  I hope you enjoy :)


How cool is this wreath?  My co-worker made it for a charity auction and I loved it!  (notice the Grinch??)  it is made almost entirely of pipe cleaners


Don't mind our dog begging for the pizza my husband was making...


How to make these light up glass blocks here



You can purchase this Grinch sign from my Etsy shop


 










These wreaths were a set of three tied together, but I cut them apart and added bows to make them work in our kitchen




Click here to see how to make this easy card holder





Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment