December 15, 2014

diy: light up glass blocks

In preparation of my Christmas home tour, I wanted to do a little DIY post. 


I made these a few years ago.  Well, "made" really isn't the correct word.  I assembled these a few years ago.  I was at my sister-in-law's house and saw these two little guys underneath their Christmas tree.  I told her how cute they were and she explained they have received them as a gift.  I flipped them over and turned them sideways to memorize the details, and a few days later I bought the supplies to make my own set!

What you'll need:
  • (2) glass blocks from the craft store, small and medium
  • (2) kinds of ribbon, one wide and one skinny
  • (2) strands of white mini lights
  • extra adornments, as desired
Step 1:  Take the rubber cap out of the bottom of the glass block.  Push the strand of lights into the block, making sure you leave the plug and a little bit of cord outside of the blocks so you can plug it in.  Replace cap.
Step 2:  Tie the ribbons (and adornments, if you want) around the glass blocks.
Step 3:  Plug in.  



This may be my easiest tutorial ever!  These are so easy to make  assemble, I think everyone should have a set!  Make them for that friend or family member who is impossible to shop for, or just because you think they might like them.  They work great under a tree, on a mantle, on a bookshelf, or in a little corner that needs some extra light.

If you have any questions about this DIY post, let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment