December 22, 2014

this is why we can't have nice things

We changed the sheets today.  Big accomplishment, right?  Let me rewind......

We have two dogs, pitbulls to be exact,  85 lbs and 45 lbs.  They are basically our children (for now, maybe someday we will have actual children without tails), and yes, they sleep in our bed.  Sometimes even under the blankets.  We aren't freaks or anything, we just love our dogs, a lot.

Ok - earlier this year (March maybe?) the dogs were playing on the bed and tore the comforter.  I was pretty disappointed; we had gotten the comforter as a wedding gift (had been married 1.5 years at that time) and I really loved it.  So I got onto Target's website to see if they happened to still carry it.  Lucky for me, they did!  We ordered a new one (king size for our queen size bed, someone *me* hogs the blankets), but when it came in the mail my husband decided to just leave it in the box because soon we wouldn't need the comforter anymore (it would be too warm).  So there it sat, in our office/storage room until today.

Ok - another (similar) story.  A week or so ago, the dogs were playing on the bed and ripped a giant tear in the fitted sheet (exactly where I sleep, if you were wondering).  When I say giant, I mean I would wake up and my entire arm would be stuck in between the fitted sheet and the mattress because I had gotten it stuck in the torn fabric.  We have another set of sheets but I just hadn't gotten around to changing them out (too busy getting my Christmas home tour ready).  Yesterday we were at Costco and they had some sheets that were almost the exact color of said torn sheets, so we bought them.

Side bar: this story is soooo interesting, I'm sure your dying to hear the end of it!

My husband is off work for the remainder of the year, so I asked him to wash the new sheets and new/old comforter while I was at work so we could change out the bedding and everything would be fresh and new and clean and happy.  So we did all the swapping this evening.  We had even bought two new pillows yesterday so we busted those out of the package as well.  Exciting stuff, really.  While I am straightening out the comforter, my husband lets the dogs in from outside and Diesel runs in and immediately jumps on the bed.

This is what happens:


MUD.  Everywhere!  He is covering up half of the paw prints.  You can visibly see at least five, but trust me, there are more.  He is looking quite guilty and pitiful, isn't he?

Truly, this is why we can't have nice things

I already told you about how my cats were trying to ruin Christmas.  And now this!  I'm not even mad though.  It will come out in the washer.

And you know what?  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I would rather buy new bedding every 1.5 years and have our pups sleep with us.  And if you think I'm crazy, well that's okay :)


*Disclaimer:  this post was supposed to be explaining how even people who blog about their house have messes too, but it ended up being about how much I love the dogs.  Maybe I am a little crazy............

No comments:

Post a Comment