August 15, 2014

inspire: black + gold

I've seen a lot of black + gold decor pieces at the stores lately... I must say, I really love it. There is something so bold and chic about it. My husband loves the color black (about 80% of the clothes he wears are black) and if he had things his way, everything in the house would be black -- including the walls! I'm not so much of a fan of the dark and heaviness that it brings, especially in a small house. But the black + gold details are definitely growing on me.

One of the approaches I take when decorating my home is to purchase things that work in more than one place or more than one way. This is also why I recommend choosing paint colors throughout the house that coordinate (not match, and yes, it is different). That way if one piece doesn't work in the room you thought it would, it has a greater potential for working somewhere else (read: less potential for having to return it). This is also why I don't love painting walls very very dark colors; you can quickly grow tired of them and let's face it - painting a wall is a lot of work, and quite a bit of hassle.

Let's take a look at some of the more practical black + gold combinations I've found:



Okay, maybe this one is less "practical" but still beautiful






What do you think? Do you have a lot of black in your decor? Are you brave enough to paint your walls black??

(All of these pins and more can be found on my { home + decor } page on Pinterest)


No comments:

Post a Comment